It's been about 2 months since I've done any work on the blog, so I thought I would give a quick update on life in Chicago. So many things have happened since July. We have experienced a lot of tourist attractions such as the Lincoln Park Zoo, Navy Pier, The Chicago Botanical Gardens, The Kohl Children's museum, the Shedd Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry.
We also had a Olson reunion held here in Chicago during the 3rd week of August. It was fun to be with Dave's side of the family and the kids really enjoyed spending time with the cousins. A couple days after the reunion we flew back to Utah for about 2 weeks (Dave had a 4 week break between Summer and Fall quarters) to see family and friends. Then we came home to get Jesiah started in preschool; which he is enjoying.
Then sadly last Sunday we were informed that our dear brother-in-law/Uncle Jeb had passed away. He had been very ill since about January of this year. We were not expecting such a sudden passing away. We drove the 6 hours up to Minneapolis, MN where Dave's sister Brittany and Jeb were living to attend Uncle Jeb's funeral. The funeral was very peaceful and was a testimony builder of faith in the Lord and appreciating day to day living (especially that families can be together forever). Jeb had just turned 28 and Britt and Jeb were to celebrate their 2 year anniversary on 9/22/08. Dave and I marveled at Brittany's strength through such a trial. She is an amazing woman who has shown great courage among affliction. What an example for us all.
Hence, I will post a few pictures of the activities from the past 2 months and then you can probably expect another update when our baby girl is born. I have approx. 4 weeks left!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment